GitLab is a development collaboration tool and git DVCS frontend. It includes repository management features, code reviews, an issue tracker, activity feeds and wikis.
GitLab provides fine-grained access control, user management, 5 permission levels and branch constraints, and can utilize LDAP/AD intranet authorization.
Powered by Ruby on Rails it comes as open source package, and as commercial supported enterprise version.
8.0.516 Oct 2015 13:25
Correct lookup-by-email for LDAP logins.
Loading spinner sometimes not being hidden on Merge Request tab switches.
8.0.406 Oct 2015 23:25
Message-ID header to be RFC 2111-compliant to prevent e-mails being dropped (Stan Hu).
Referrals for :back and relative URL installs.
Anchors to comments in diffs.
- Remove CI token from build traces.
- "Assign All" button on Runner admin page.
8.0.301 Oct 2015 03:15
URL shown in Slack notifications.
- where projects would appear to be stuck in the forked import state (Stan Hu).
- Error 500 in creating merge requests with 1000 diffs (Stan Hu).
8.0.227 Sep 2015 03:15
default avatar not rendering in network graph (Stan Hu).
- Skip check_initd_configured_correctly on omnibus installs.
- Prevent double-preing of help page paths.
- Clarify confirmation text on user deletion.
- Make commit graphs responsive to window width changes (Stan Hu).
- top margin for sign-in button on public pages.
- LDAP attribute mapping.
- Remove git refs used internally by GitLab from network graph (Stan Hu).
- Use standard Markdown font in Markdown preview instead of -width font (Stan Hu).
- Reply by email for non-UTF-8 messages.
- Add option to use StartTLS with Reply by email IMAP server.
8.0.023 Sep 2015 08:15
Continuous integration fully integrated (all tests, deployments, packaging).
Completely new look and feel.
50 less space used.
Reply by Email.
Quick open in Gmail.
Easily upload files in GitLab.
Public user profile and group pages.
Notification settings within the project s main page.
GitLab 8.0 can be upgraded online.
Better HTTP Support.
Single Sign On to authenticate with Mattermost beta1.
SSL Verification for Web Hooks.
7.527 Nov 2014 07:05
GitLab Community Edition 7.5 brings custom git hooks, various performance
improvements, API extensions and better GitLab CI support.
7.222 Aug 2014 21:41
This release adds an "Explore" page, project stars, a Log for Sidekiq arguments. It adds better labels: colors, ability to rename and remove. Improves the way merge request collects diffs, compare page for large diffs. Exposes the full commit message via API. Fixes 500 error on repository rename, bug when MR download patch return invalid diff.
Repository import timeout increased from 2 to 4 minutes allowing larger repos to be imported.
The API adds support for labels, and the ability to set an import url when creating project for specific user.