libzip is a C library for reading, creating, and modifying zip archives.
Files can be added from data buffers, files, or compressed data copied directly from other zip archives. Changes made without closing the archive can be reverted. The API is documented by man pages.
It includes a tool to modify zip archives from the command line.
1.7.315 Jul 2020 08:11
* Support cmake 3.17 again.
* Fix pkgconfig file (regression in 1.7.2).
1.7.211 Jul 2020 09:16
* Fixes for the CMake find_project() files.
* libzip moved to the CMake libzip:: NAMESPACE.
* CMake usage best practice cleanups.
1.7.113 Jun 2020 10:19
* Restore `LIBZIP_VERSION_ MAJOR,MINOR,MICRO ` symbols.
* Fixes warnings reported by PVS-Studio.
* Add `LIBZIP_DO_INSTALL` build setting to make it easier to use
libzip as subproject.
1.7.010 Jun 2020 06:30
* Add support for encrypting using traditional PKWare encryption.
* Add `zip_compression_method_supported()`.
* Add `zip_encryption_method_supported()`.
* Add the `ZIP_SOURCE_GET_FILE_ATTRIBUTES` source command.
* Refactor stdio file backend.
* Add CMake find_project() support.
1.6.110 Jun 2020 06:29
Bugfix for double-free in `zipcmp(1)` during cleanup.
1.3.004 Sep 2017 12:45
Support bzip2 compressed zip archives.
Improve file progress callback code.
CVE-2017-12858: double free().
CVE-2017-14107: Improve EOCD64 parsing.
1.2.019 Feb 2017 21:34
This release adds support for AES encryption and decryption, and three new functions: zip_fseek and zip_ftell for seeking and telling the position in uncompressed data, and zip_register_progress_callback for easier UI updates during zip_close.
It also fixes support for legacy zip files with 64k entries as well as other minor bugs.
1.1.219 Feb 2016 14:56
This release improves the support for 3MF files. It also includes fixes for some warnings reported by PVS-Studio.
1.128 Jan 2016 09:06
This release adds a tool to modify zip archives from the command line.
The code was sped up for the case of many entries in an archive.
Support for APK files was improved, Coverity issues were addressed, and more work on Windows portability was done.
1.003 May 2015 10:55
This release adds an I/O abstraction layer. This allows better Windows backends, which are also added in this release.
A function was added to set the last modification time for a file; more typedefs were added; torrentzip support was removed; CVE-2015-2331 is fixed and all current Coverity CIDs were addressed.