Orekit aims at providing accurate and efficient low level components for the development of flight dynamics applications. It is designed to be easily used in very different contexts, from quick studies up to critical operations.
As a library, Orekit provides basic elements (orbits, dates, attitude, frames, ...) and various algorithms to handle them (conversions, propagations, pointing, ...).
9.0.108 Nov 2017 09:49
The Orekit team has released version 7.2.1, 8.0.1, and 9.0.1 of Orekit to fix a security vulnerability.
Orekit versions 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 8.0, and 9.0 are vulnerable to a XML External Entity (XXE) attack when loading XML format Earth Orientation Parameters (EOP) or Tracking Data Messages (TDM) from an untrusted source, possibly resulting in denial of service or data theft.
The Orekit team recommends that all users update to one of the newly released versions as quickly as possible.
Security fix versions were not released for the 5.x and 6.x series because these versions are considered to be obsolete. If you cannot upgrade from these obsolete version please email the Orekit developers (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss creating a security fix release.
A CVE number has been requested.
9.027 Jul 2017 11:54
* Taylor algebra propagation (for high order uncertainties propagation or very fast Monte-Carlo studies)
* multi-satellites orbit determination
* parallel multi-satellites propagation
* parametric accelerations (polynomial and harmonic)
* turn-around measurements
* inter-satellite range measurements
* rigth ascension/declination measurements
* Antenna Phase Center measurements modifiers
* EOP estimation in precise orbit determination
* orbit to attitude coupling in partial derivatives
* parsing of CCSDM Tracking Data Messages
* parsing of university of Bern Astronomical Institute files for Klobuchar coefficients
* ITRF 2014
* preservation of non-Keplerian orbits derivatives
* JB2008 atmosphere model
* NRL MSISE 2000 atmosphere model
* boolean combination of events detectors
* ephemeris writer
* speed improvements when tens of thousands of measurements are used in orbit determination
* Danish translations